Friday, March 1, 2013

Let Me Be Clear

 
 
This morning I listened to the President expound about the sequester and observed him once again playing the blame game. A reporter asked him if he at all thought he might be at least partially to blame for the sequester road block. He never really aswered the question.  He once again went on and on about how he had a wide majority of the American people choose the policies that he is attempting to implement.  I have never felt that 52% of anything to be a wide endorsement.  It is a situation where one side managed to squeak by and gain control often to the determent of many. After 15 minutes she asked the question once again.  Still no direct answer.   
 
I have arrived at the place where I recognize his left-wing ideals, candy coated in such jargon as  "protect the middle class".  Sometimes I find it difficult to listen to what he calls a press conference or a message to the American people.  Whenever he says, "Let me be clear", I know it is a statement in a grey area that he has said before.  In the case of the sequester it has finally been admitted that the original idea came from the White House. Just like bargaining with the devil, you have to be careful how you negotiate.  Tax revenues have been levied and yet the President will not honor his agreement to reduce spending.  He wants another tax levied with no cuts in spending. He makes hollow references to cutting entitlements and other budget items. 
 
So the statement,  "Let me be clear", does not provide clarity or even the truth.  It is veiled rhetoric at the most dangerous fork in the road possible. In the last few weeks I have heard that term untold number of times and shudder every time I have to listen to it again.   Mr. President, if you are being truthful it will come through loud and clear.  If you are not being truthful you can tell me all day that you are making things clear, but it won't matter.  Did I make myself clear? 
 
 
 

1 comment: